Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Lillian Eunice (Phelps) Wilson

This blog is dedicated to my paternal grandmother Lillian, who passed away the day after my (Carey A. III) first birthday on January 30, 1956. I only remember her through the stories and pictures provided by my parents and other family members. I am her lone direct descendant, and I know of only one other family member, a cousin. My hope is some distant relative might happen upon this information and fill in a gap in their history.

Lillian is a member of the extended Herbert Hoover Family line. Her particular line of desendent is outlined in the Herbert Hoover Genealogy, available from The Hoover Presidential library. I will expand on that later.

Her obituary appeared in The Cleveland Press:

Wilson, Lillian E. Born June 8, 1902, Died Jan 31 1956. Beloved wife of Carey A. Sr, mother of Carey A. Jr, grandmother of Carey A. III, sister of Ralph E. Phelps of Oklahoma City, residence, 1205 Lakeland Ave. Lakewood Ohio. Friends may call at the Daniels Funeral Home, 15800 Detroit Ave., where services will be held Wednesday, Feb. 1, at 3 p. m. Burial is at Lakewood Park Cemetery.

It may seem odd to begin with her obituary but it establishes the basics which I will build upon over time. This blog will be pictorial in nature with a few comments and history as I post pictures. My grandmother kept a scrapbook of pictures taken during her teenage years spent in Indianapolis. I will be posting those pages which show her with family and friends. Most of her friends in the scrapbook are unknown to me. Perhaps someone who with relatives from that time and place might recognize an old family member.

No comments:

Post a Comment