Saturday, July 10, 2010

Lillian Eunice (Phelps) Wilson Scrapbook Page 23

Photo on the bottom left is Lillian and her brother Ralph Phelps. I am uncertain of the rest. I really only remember meeting my Great Uncle Ralph Phelps once in Oklahoma City OK in 1977. My dad, me and Uncle Ralph went to dinner at a local mall. I remember him as a very nice and interesting man. I wish I had written down notes after our meeting, or made a recording of him talking as was my habit back then. Every Christmas since I was a teenager he sent me $100 as a present. Back in the 60's and 70's to a kid that was a fortune. It is still a pretty good amount. I always wrote him a thank you note with an update on what I and my family were doing. He is survived by a great grandson who is the only other surviving family member I know of. His grandson Jack Givens unfortunately was killed in a car accident back in the 1990's. We used to correspond once in a while. He was a bank President in St. Louis with Mark Twain Bank as I recall.

I just remembered the young woman in the top middle picture is Herma Phelps, the wife of Ralph Phelps. I do not know her maiden name. So it is likely the unknowns in this picture are related to her side of the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment